Presentation and Acceptance of Transfer Credits
When applying to Augustana, you will need to request official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Once you have been accepted for admission, the Registrar's Office will complete a transfer evaluation and provide you with the results. This evaluation will give you a clear idea on where you stand in relation to our graduation requirements.
A helpful tool for transfer students is the transfer credit predictor. This tool allows you to enter the name of the school you are transferring credits from and see what courses have typically transferred to Augustana. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. If you do not see your course(s) listed, please contact us for further information.
Here are some general guidelines we follow that might be helpful until your transcript is formally evaluated.
- A course must be completed with a grade of C- or higher in order to transfer.
- Courses must be listed as 100-level or higher in order to transfer.
- Courses must come from an institution that is regionally accredited by an association of schools and colleges.
- Courses must come from an institution that offers an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts and/or Bachelor of Science degree(s).
- If your course is equivalent to Area 3.5A or something similar, that means it comes in as satisfying a general education requirement, but does not equate to a specific course. See the Augustana Plan (hyper link here to Augie Plan on Registrar’s site) for definitions of the general education requirements.
*Your GPA does not transfer to Augustana. Courses with grades of C- or better will transfer in as “S” grades.
If you have further questions about credits or the transfer process in general, contact Adam Heinitz:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 605.274.5529